HLTAID003 Provide first aid
(note: This rating automatically includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – there is no need to book separately)
In this course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide a First Aid response to a casualty whether they are injured or ill until Medical Aid arrives. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Under the Workplace Health & Safety Legislation this is the minimum qualification for a first aider within a workplace; club or community group where there is a duty of care.
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Convey incident details to emergency services
1 day in class face to face. No mandatory pre-course study.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency as per training.gov.au. Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 10+ persons.
Click on a suitable date below to book and enrol into your course.