This course includes:
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
There is no need to book separately
This training is endorsed by the ACN and has been allocated 8 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
- Full day face to face
- Needs to be renewed every 3 years
- Includes HLTAID009 - Provide CPR
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
In this course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide a First Aid response to a casualty whether they are injured or ill until Medical Aid arrives. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Under the Workplace Health & Safety Legislation this is the minimum qualification for a first aider within a workplace; club or community group where there is a duty of care.
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Convey incident details to emergency services
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.