This course includes:
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
There is no need to book separately
COST – $99.00
- Half day face to face
- Needs to be renewed every 12 months
- Includes HLTAID009 - Provide CPR
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
Suitable for employees requiring qualifications as Safety Observers for live low voltage switchboard work to comply with Australian Standards AS/NZS 4836:2011 and Electrical Safety Regulation: 2021 in regards to Safety Observers. For example electricians, apprentices or tradespersons who are near and around electrical control panels and similar.
Program incorporates HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and training and assessment relating to the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Introduction to electrical safety regulations
- Maintenance & inspection of rescue equipment & preparation to perform rescue procedure
- Emergency workplace procedures, risk assessment / management and skills for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Performance of the LV panel rescue procedure, removing the victim from contact with any live conductors/apparatus
- Recognition of life threatening conditions & response, facilitating treatment of injuries sustained and resuscitation if required
- Accessing emergency services (EMS) and convey incident details
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.