This course includes:
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
There is no need to book separately
- 2 days face to face
- Includes HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- Needs to renewed every 3 years
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management, hazard and risk assessment of work environment
- Deploy resources, provide direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Ventilations with administration of a bag valve mask resuscitator device
- Use of airway management equipment including suction equipment
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Assessment and interpretation of clinical values for vital signs, including respirations, temperature and pulse
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Serious bleeding management with use of tourniquet
- Emergency childbirth
- Substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- Major trauma management including spinal injuries
- Use of cervical collars, spinal boards, back boards and stretchers
- Safe manual handling, moving & lifting patients
- Convey incident details to emergency services
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.