This course includes:
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
There is no need to book separately
- 2 days face to face
- Includes HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- Needs to renewed every 3 years
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
In this comprehensive course you will learn extensive knowledge and skills required to deal with emergency situations in remote locations and provide a First Aid response to a casualty requiring assistance where medical aid is delayed or unavailable. Designed for persons travelling to isolated areas or first aid officers operating in remote sites and communities (ie cattle stations, mine sites, national parks, marine parks).
- Remote considerations in the provision of first aid, including hazards, transporting and evacuating casualties, accessing emergency response services, communication systems, and environmental considerations
- Risk assessment, strategies for planning and preparation and addressing contingencies for working in remote locations
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management, hazard and risk assessment of work environment
- Deploy resources, provide direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Assessment and interpretation of clinical values for vital signs, including respirations, temperature and pulse
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Extreme environmental influences
- Serious bleeding management with use of tourniquet
- Basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- Spinal management, safe manual handling, moving & lifting patients
- Emergency childbirth
- Administration of drugs and medication under medical direction including injection trianing
- Orientation to the Royal Flying Doctor Service Medical Chest
- Convey incident details to emergency services
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.