This course is included in:
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
If you require HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid, there is no need to book this course.
Book HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid HERE
This training is endorsed by the ACN and has been allocated 4 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
- 3 hours face to face
- Needs to be renewed every 12 months
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
- Scene assessment & management
- Recognition of life threatening conditions & response
- Accessing emergency services (EMS) and convey incident details
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Convey incident details to emergency services
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national / state / territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.