Frequently Asked Questions……
- I am on a working visa in Australia. My employer has requested a First Aid certificate, why can they not accept the one I received from home? All Australian Companies require to have their staff trained to Australian Standards and under their specific regulations. Please refer to your employer’s minimum requirements. The Nationally Recognised Training programs we offer are issued through our own Recognised Training Organisation (RTO # 40920). This means that our certificates are valid nationally and also guarantees an excellent standard.
- Does the First Aid course include CPR or do we book them separately? All of our courses on scope include CPR as well as defibrillation, there is no need to book separately.
- I completed CPR, 4 months ago, and need to upgrade to HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, do I need to do CPR again? Yes. All of our courses under our scope have CPR built into the course code. Therefore the trainer & assessor must observe you perform CPR for 2 minutes on and Adult and Baby manikin. If you have completed HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 2 months, and have a nationally accredited certification contact our office so we can verify this. Credit for this portion of the course, may be available if we can verify authenticity.
- Is it correct in saying you there is no pre-online course requirement to do prior to class commencement? Correct. Our training is face-to-face, and assessments completed in classs. So if you have a question or learn by a mixture of hands on and theory we offer the right mix for you.
- Is there any Pre-course Study I can do to enhance my learning? Pre-Course Study is available once you enrol. We recommended this for new learners to the subject or learners who would like to update their skills and knowledge. We provide a link to a pdf booklet to read. A course manual is also available, should you wish further reading, you can collect this from our office.
- English is not my first language and I have sometimes trouble spelling, and understanding some terminology, how can I have a better chance at achieving competency? A certain level of English is required. We provide pre-study to all learners prior to the course. This allows you time first to understand the content. We recommend an electronic translator for the exam questions. They are mostly multiple choice. Only a small amount of writing required. Our friendly trainers are there to assist your level of language ability so that you understand. Many of our trainers are from international countries with English as their second language, so they are very approachable.
- Do I need to achieve 100% to be successful at obtaining competency? Yes. For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au. Please note there is opportunity to discuss with your trainer question/s that were incorrect. You are then given an opportunity for a second attempt. Should you not achieve competency, you can return once more to complete the course at no further charge.
- My child is wanting to do first aid training. What is the minimum age? All ages are welcome, anyone can do the course without needing a statement of attainment. Generally to attend unsupervised the age minimum is 14 years of age provided they are mentally mature enough. The course is lengthy, for attention to be maintained we recommended splitting the course in half sessions and conducting over 2 days.
- I have had knee pain recently and cannot kneel on the floor to do CPR on the manikins, can I still complete the first aid course? For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au. Under the courses on scope with First Aid Academy, HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) built into the units of competency. This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements. Depending on the ailment their may be options for reasonable adjustment.
- Can your trainers come to our work place to conduct courses? Yes. Whether you are in a remote location, or local and in need of in-house training, our trainers are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you are supplied the highest quality first aid instruction.
- My staff require training, are their options for group rates? Fees for group courses conducted within the public calendar in our training facility will incur a discounted rate (min. 6 pax). Training in your workplace within the Cairns CBD (min. 8 pax) will have no additional fee on top of normal rates. For locations outside the Cairns region, we will quote upon application.
- If I have a small group size will you still come out to our business to conduct training? Yes. There is a minimum rate for offsite training, as we need to cover our costs. Contact our office for further information.
- I live on the tablelands near Mareeba, do you offer public courses up here? Yes. Every month we come to the tablelands in Atherton and we also travel to Port Douglas. Check out our calendars for the different locations.
If you can not find your answer here feel free to shoot us an email on email@example.com or give us a call on 07 40402050