This course includes:
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
There is no need to book separately
- Full day face to face
- Needs to be renewed every 3 years
- Includes HLTAID009 - Provide CPR and HLTAID011 - Provide first aid
- Includes asthma and anaphylaxis training
- Certificates issued via email
- Participants are required to perform CPR on an adult manikin on the ground for 2 minutes
- No pre-learning required
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations, First aid requirements for services under the Education and Care Services National Law
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Asthma / Allergies / Anaphylaxis Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Asthma / Allergies / Anaphylaxis Recognition, Emergency Management and Action plans
- Use of Asthma Medications and Spacers
- Use of Anaphylaxis Adrenalin Auto-Injector
- Convey incident details to emergency services
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.