HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation (Oxygen)
(note: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is included in this course – there is no need to book separately)
In this course learn knowledge and skills required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as administer Oxygen to a casualty using a range of delivery devices.
This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised life saving equipment (ie oxygen units) to provide advanced resuscitation in a range of complex first aid situations, including community and workplace settings. Suitable for employees that work in the marine & dive industry, dental practices and those that work as pool attendants, swim instructors or lifeguards etc
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Use of advanced resuscitation equipment including the following devices: pocket mask, freeflow masks, bag valve mask resuscitators, demand valves, manually triggered ventilators, suction devices, oropharyngeal airway device and the pulse oximeter
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of equipment & diagnose faults
- Hazard and risk assessment with use of oxygen
- Visual and verbal secondary assessment including monitoring vitals signs
- Convey incident details to emergency services
We also run this course at our Cairns training location.
3.5 hours approx in class face to face.
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
Oxygen manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards.
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national / state / territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
To view dates and book, click below and allow a couple of minutes for calendar to load dates, select available date to complete online enrolment and payment.
Contact us directly for group rates/dates, for bookings of 10+ persons