UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV Panel + HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(note: The Pre-requisite for UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel is HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. CPR is now included in LVR.)
Suitable for employees requiring qualifications as Safety Observers for live low voltage switchboard work to comply with Australian Standards AS/NZS 4836:2011 and Electrical Safety Regulation: 2002 in regards to Safety Observers. For example electricians, apprentices or tradespersons who are near and around electrical control panels and similar.
Program incorporates HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and training and assessment relating to the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Introduction to electrical safety regulations
- Maintenance & inspection of rescue equipment & preparation to perform rescue procedure
- Emergency workplace procedures, risk assessment / management and skills for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Performance of the LV panel rescue procedure, removing the victim from contact with any live conductors/apparatus
- Recognition of life threatening conditions & response, facilitating treatment of injuries sustained and resuscitation if required
- Accessing emergency services (EMS) and convey incident details
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
Half day approx in class face to face.
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
CPR manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. Under the Electrical Safety Regulation you must update UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel every 12 months to maintain compliance and licencing.
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national / state / territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 10+ persons.
Click on a suitable date below to book and enrol into your course.