HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
(note: This rating automatically includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – there is no need to book separately)
In this course you will learn skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. This unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
For public course dates visit our calendar. Group inquiries are welcome, feel free top contact us and we can arrange a suitable date . Training can be conducted either at our training facility in Cairns City or onsite in your education setting.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations, First aid requirements for services under the Education and Care Services National Law
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Asthma / Allergies / Anaphylaxis Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Asthma / Allergies / Anaphylaxis Recognition, Emergency Management and Action plans
- Use of Asthma Medications and Spacers
- Use of Anaphylaxis Adrenelin Auto-Injector
- Convey incident details to emergency services
We also run this course at our Atherton training location.
1 day in class face to face. No mandatory pre-course study.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments, hazard & risk assessment & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency as per training.gov.au. Refer to the Participant handbook for further information assessment conditions
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 10+ persons
Click on a suitable date below to book and enrol into your course.