HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
(note: This rating automatically includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid – there is no need to book separately)
In this comprehensive course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide an Advanced First Aid response. Includes management of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical aid. Suitable for persons in situations that have a large amount of employees and/or working on hazardous work sites.
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management, hazard and risk assessment of work environment
- Deploy resources, provide direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Ventilations with administration of a bag valve mask resuscitator device
- Use of airway management equipment including suction equipment
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Assessment and interpretation of clinical values for vital signs, including respirations, temperature and pulse
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Serious bleeding management with use of tourniquet
- Emergency childbirth
- Substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- Major trauma management including spinal injuries
- Use of cervical collars, spinal boards, back boards and stretchers
- Safe manual handling, moving & lifting patients
- Convey incident details to emergency services
2 days in class face to face.
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid.
To view dates and book, click below and allow a couple of minutes for calendar to load dates, select available date to complete online enrolment and payment.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 6+ persons