This program combines both the HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid in remote situations & HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation.
(note: This rating automatically includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – there is no need to book CPR separately)
In this comprehensive course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide an Advanced First Aid response. Includes management of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical aid. Suitable for persons in situations that have a large amount of employees and/or working on hazardous work sites.
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management, hazard and risk assessment of work environment
- Deploy resources, provide direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Ventilations with administration of a bag valve mask resuscitator device
- Use of airway management equipment including suction equipment
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Assessment and interpretation of clinical values for vital signs, including respirations, temperature and pulse
- Use of advanced resuscitation equipment including the following devices: pocket mask, freeflow masks, bag valve mask resuscitators, demand valves, manually triggered ventilators, suction devices, oropharyngeal airway device and the pulse oximeter
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of equipment & diagnose faults
- Hazard assessment with use of oxygen
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Serious bleeding management with use of tourniquet
- Emergency childbirth
- Substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- Major trauma management including spinal injuries
- Use of cervical collars, spinal boards, back boards and stretchers
- Safe manual handling, moving & lifting patients
- Convey incident details to emergency services
2 days in class face to face. No mandatory pre-course study.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments, hazard and risk assessment & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency as per training.gov.au. Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 10+ persons
Click on a suitable date below to book and enrol into your course.