HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
(note: This rating automatically includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid – there is no need to book separately)
In this comprehensive course you will learn extensive knowledge and skills required to deal with emergency situations in remote locations and provide a First Aid response to a casualty requiring assistance where medical aid is delayed or unavailable. Designed for persons travelling to isolated areas or first aid officers operating in remote sites and communities (ie cattle stations, mine sites, national parks, marine parks).
- Remote considerations in the provision of first aid, including hazards, transporting and evacuating casualties, accessing emergency response services, communication systems, and environmental considerations
- Risk assessment, strategies for planning and preparation and addressing contingencies for working in remote locations
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management, hazard and risk assessment of work environment
- Deploy resources, provide direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Assessment and interpretation of clinical values for vital signs, including respirations, temperature and pulse
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
- Extreme environmental influences
- Serious bleeding management with use of tourniquet
- Basic triage for a multiple casualty incident
- Spinal management, safe manual handling, moving & lifting patients
- Emergency childbirth
- Administration of drugs and medication under medical direction including injection trianing
- Orientation to the Royal Flying Doctor Service Medical Chest
- Convey incident details to emergency services
Locations are available in both Boondall and Acacia Ridge. Please the calendar below for further details.
2 days in class face to face.
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations.
To view dates and book, click below and allow a couple of minutes for calendar to load dates, select available date to complete online enrolment and payment.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 6+ persons