HLTAID011 Provide first aid & HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
This program combines both the HLTAID011 Provide first aid & HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation.
(note: These ratings automatically include HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – there is no need to book separately)
In this course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide a First Aid response to a casualty whether they are injured or ill until Medical Aid arrives.
This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised life saving equipment (ie oxygen units) to provide advanced resuscitation in a range of complex first aid situations, including community and workplace settings. Suitable for employees that work in the marine & dive industry, dental practices and those that work as pool attendants, swim instructors or lifeguards etc.
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Scene assessment & management
- Casualty assessment
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation for Adult, Child & Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Management of an unconscious breathing casualty
- Choking & Airway Obstruction
- Use of advanced resuscitation equipment including the following devices: pocket mask, freeflow masks, bag valve mask resuscitators, demand valves, manually triggered ventilators, suction devices, oropharyngeal airway device and the pulse-oximeter
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of equipment & diagnose faults
- Hazard assessment with use of oxygen
- Visual and verbal secondary assessment including monitoring vitals signs
- Convey incident details to emergency services
- Injuries, Illnesses and Envenomation
We also run this course at our Port Douglas training location.
1 day in class face to face.
The provided pre-course study, is recommended to be completed. These learning materials have been developed to assist; new learners to the subject or learners with prior training and experience who wish to refresh their existing skills & knowledge.
Written/oral questions, practical assessments & scenario based assessments.
For competency to be achieved, students must meet the benchmark of the assessment/evidence criteria for the units of competency listed in the training package on: training.gov.au.
This requires students to have physical mobility to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted, single rescuer, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), on an adult resuscitation manikin that is on the floor. Please contact our friendly staff if you are affected by these requirements.
Refer to the Participant handbook for further information on assessment conditions.
All training material
First aid manual and key-ring face barrier
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
On successful completion you will be issued the following units of competency on an electronic Statement of Attainment:-
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation refresh their skills every 12 months in line with industry standards. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
Courses held 6 days p/week, Monday – Saturday
To view dates and book, click below and allow a couple of minutes for calendar to load dates, select available date to complete online enrolment and payment.
Contact us directly for group rates for bookings of 6+ persons