Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
Courses Running as Usual!
We understand many in the community may be concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, First Aid Academy has no plans to cancel courses. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice from both state and federal government.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, training and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the recommendations from Health organizations
In addition to our standard measures, First Aid Academy has implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the current situation. Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measures have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training
- We have provided hand sanitizer to all training locations and offices
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- We have provided disinfectant spray for use on equipment and surfaces
Our training equipment management;
- Every student will get their own CPR Manikin
- You will not be asked to breath into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstrate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breath, but you do not need to breath in to the manikin.
- We use disinfectant to clean the face and chest of every manikin at the end of training
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills on each other
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes during and following class
- Every First Aid student receives a Bandage pack with clean/sterile bandages to practice with and to keep for later usage.
- We provide new Pens and Manuals to keep and encourage participants to take these with them following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do.
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training.