Provide First Aid in Remote Situations [HLTAID005] – Includes CPR
In this ‘hands on’ training program you will learn extensive knowledge and skills required to deal with emergency situations in remote locations and provide a First Aid response to a casualty requiring assistance where medical aid is delayed or unavailable. Designed for persons travelling to isolated areas or first aid officers operating in remote sites and communities (ie cattle stations, mine sites, national parks, marine parks).
We include remote considerations in the provision of first aid, including: typical hazards and strategies for preparing to address contingencies; management of options relating to patient care (as it might take a while for help to arrive); transporting casualties (including aero-medical evacuation); how to identify and prepare areas for safe evacuation; and how and when to access emergency response services. We discuss communication systems, equipment and methods available in remote situations, and priorities or management in first aid when dealing with life-threatening conditions (including hydration and shelter building). As part of our training we include RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Services) protocols and injection training.
All training material provided
First Aid Manual and Key-Ring Face Barrier
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in CPR (HLTAID001) refresh their skills every 12 months, in order for the units of competencies in this course to remain current. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for the complete unit (HLTAID005).
Remote First Aid $375 (group rates apply)
- Remote First Aid - 13/02/2018 - 14/02/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 13/03/2018 - 14/03/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 10/04/2018 - 11/04/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 08/05/2018 - 09/05/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 12/06/2018 - 13/06/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 10/07/2018 - 11/07/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 14/08/2018 - 15/08/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 11/09/2018 - 12/09/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 09/10/2018 - 10/10/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 13/11/2018 - 14/11/2018 - All Day
- Remote First Aid - 11/12/2018 - 12/12/2018 - All Day