Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID006
In this comprehensive course you will learn knowledge and skills required to provide an Advanced First Aid response. Includes management of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical aid. Suitable for persons in work situation that have a large amount of employees and the nature of work to be a first aider within a workplace; club; association or community group.
During this program you will increase your skills, become more confident, and learn more about rescue equipment. You will perform at least 2 minutes of bag-valve-mask ventilation and at least 2 minutes of compression during two rescuer procedure and rotations. We will also introduce airway management with I-gel and suction equipment.
All first aid scenarios will be contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including: safe manual handling techniques, conducting a visual and verbal secondary survey assessment of the casualty, and assessing vital signs (respirations, pulse and temperature).
You will learn to communicate effectively with a first aid team providing direction and coordination of other first aiders, how to communicate with Emergency services, handle post-incident debrief and evaluation and provide an accurate verbal and written report of the incident.
You will learn to apply first aid procedures for many situations including: allergic reaction and anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, conducting a basic triage for multiple casualty incident, envenomation (using pressure immobilisation), fractures, sprains and strains (using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation principles), head, neck and spinal injuries (using immobilisation principles and Back boards), respiratory distress – including asthma, seizures – including epilepsy, shock, locate and interpreted workplace policies and procedures.
All training material provided
First Aid Manual and Key-Ring Face Barrier
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
RECOMMENDED RECERTIFICATION PERIOD
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, it is recommended that those trained in CPR (HLTAID001) refresh their skills every 12 months, in order for the units of competencies in this course to remain current. It is recommended recertification be undertaken every 3 years for the complete unit (HLTAID006).
Advanced First Aid $375 (group rates apply)
- Advanced First Aid - 12/12/2017 - 13/12/2017 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 09/01/2018 - 10/01/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 13/02/2018 - 14/02/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 13/03/2018 - 14/03/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 10/04/2018 - 11/04/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 08/05/2018 - 09/05/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 12/06/2018 - 13/06/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 10/07/2018 - 11/07/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 14/08/2018 - 15/08/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 11/09/2018 - 12/09/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 09/10/2018 - 10/10/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 13/11/2018 - 14/11/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Advanced First Aid - 11/12/2018 - 12/12/2018 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm